Dual Enrollment / College in the High School

Dual enrollment is a program that allows high school students (typically juniors and seniors) to enroll in college courses for credit prior to high school graduation. College credits earned through dual enrollment can be simultaneously applied toward high school and college graduation and can be transferred to other colleges or universities.  South Western High School has Dual Enrollment agreements with the following colleges: Harrisburg Area Community College, Penn State University (York Campus), and York College of PA. 

Dual Enrollment FAQs


Click here to apply to HACC for dual enrollment

To review HACC course options click here

  • Questions related to HACC application assistance, acceptance or account activation – Contact [email protected]
  • Questions related to HACC course registration, course selection – Contact [email protected]

South Western HS also offers College in the High School:
Specific courses are taught by South Western teachers but allow you to earn college credit by following specific instructions from your teacher. 

For further information: Video explanation of college learning options for high school students

Total list of college opportunities for high school students

The district has made every reasonable attempt to ensure that the district’s web pages are educationally sound and do not contain links to any questionable material or anything that can be deemed in violation of district policy. The accuracy and quality of information cannot be guaranteed. The district will not be responsible for any information that may be lost, damaged, or unavailable due to technical or other difficulties.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.